Position Title: Eligibility Worker I (4002)
Position Number: 323-47-00-6093 & 323-47-00-6120 (2 Positions)
Closing Date: December 11, 2013 at 5:00pm
Salary: $2,777.41 monthly
Status: Full-time Regular (40 hours per week)
City: Jamestown, ND
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Requisition Number: 2920008
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Sandy Bendewald, Director.
Employing Unit: Stutsman County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701-952-6812
Eligibility Worker I requires the qualifications as listed for the "Eligibility Worker Technician Underfill" below, plus one year of work experience determining eligibility in a social service office in one of the following economic assistance programs: TANF, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Foster Care, Medicaid, or LIHEAP, OR Eligibility Worker Associate Degree offered at Bismarck State College.
Eligibility Worker Technician Underfill
If no candidates meet the above requirements the position may be underfilled with an Eligibility Worker Technician (4001), with a salary of $2,229.01 per month. Minimum qualifications for Eligibility Worker Technician require a high school diploma or GED, PLUS one of the following:
- Three years of work experience in the clerical, accounting, financial, legal or teaching fields;
- Three years of a bachelor’s degree program (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours);
- Three years combined education and experience as listed above; or
- Completion of the Eligibility Worker Certificate Program offered at Bismarck State College.
Computer literacy is a must. A high level of verbal and written communications skills is also required.
Previous applicants for position number 323-47-00-5407 need not reapply.
Application Procedures/Agency Comments:
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position; experience must be at least 15 hours per week to receive credit. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
Summary of Work:
Essential functions of this position include interviewing and determining eligibility for applicants and recipients of Economic Assistance Programs by interpreting state and federal policies; processing applications, and working in computer systems and electronic case files; performing necessary actions relating to fraud and appeals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The state of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetics or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.