As part of the College of Agriculture, North Dakota State University, the Extension Service has a partnership with county commissioners, the state of North Dakota and the US Department of Agriculture. Its purpose is to create learning partnerships that help adults and youth enhance their lives and communities. It believes in lifelong learning and maximizing resources through collaborations. Its educational program priorities are: farm, family and community economics, 4-H youth development, animal and crop production, human development and nutrition, food safety and health.
The Stutsman County office includes:
- Christina Rittenbach - Extension Agent, Family and Consumer Sciences
- Alicia Harstad - Extension Agent, Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Robin Barnes - 4-H Program Coordinator
- Shirley Gohner - Administrative Assistant
- Luella Morehouse - Nutrition Education Assistant, EFNEP/FNP
The office is located at 502 10th Ave SE, Jamestown. You can reach the office by phone at (701) 252-9030, by fax at (701) 251-2969 or by e-mail at NDSU.Stutsman.Extension@ndsu.edu. For more information you can visit the State Extension Service web site at http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/stutsmancountyextension/.